Infographic: 26 Very Pinteresting Stats
Just to give a brief introduction: Pinterest is a virtual inspiration board that allows you to save (or rather ‘pin’) anything you find online. It almost works like a bulletin board. People are using it for recipes, fashion, design inspiration, home decor, marketing… you name it and you can pin it.
So how can your business benefit from Pinterest? Here’s a couple of pointers.
- Firstly, you can drive traffic to your website from Pinterest by having pinnable images with a reference link to your website. It’s often as easy as installing a plugin or including a small line of code in your header. Be sure to have great imagery that people would want to pin and share!
- Establish authority in your field. Create boards that your followers will find useful and interesting. This way you can promote your product or service in a fun way.
- By incorporating descriptions, hashtags, strategically named images and links back to your website, you will increase your visibility on search engines.
- Sign up for a business page on Pinterest. This will give you access to useful analytics and metrics to track how you’re doing on Pinterest.
- For more tips and advice, sign up for their newsletter, visit the Pinterest business blog or their official business page and make use of this excellent marketing tool.
On that note, here is an infographic showcasing a few statistics about Pinterest. And (I love this part) the layout has been designed to look like an actual Pinterest feed. So clever!